ABOUT FIXITYKatherine Hayes, the creator and owner of Fixity, has been invested in “tinkering” for as long as she can remember. After having launched Fixity in 2011, Katherine is thrilled to be a part of the movement and effort to increase awareness in the art of fixing and preventing unnecessary waste. Often referred to as “Lady Fixity” or “a MacGyver of sorts” she has nurtured many different skills throughout her life. After majoring in studio arts in college she continued on by working in jewelry design as a metalsmith, and eventually (happily) teaching herself various sewing techniques while creating fun Halloween costumes for her children! She always loves a good challenge and Fixity has continued to provide her with many while she invests in assisting and repairing community items.
Fixity has been feature in numerous print and media coverage around the Twin Cities area such as The Villager, The Star Tribune, Twin Cities Live, Twin Cities Daily Planet, The Line Media, and more!
Fixity’s vision is to:
- Promote and encourage repairing, recycling, and repurposing items so that products are about quality, not quantity
- Engage with the community in order to promote these efforts
- Limit disposable consumerism and reduce waste
- Provide assistance and education for repairing items
- Assist those who are unable or do not have the time to take care of household repairs